Pooling online Audio Resources and discussions frozen in time

Chit chat
AmbientArtstyles

Pooling online Audio Resources and discussions frozen in time

Post by AmbientArtstyles »

I was just sifting through old forums and thinking about how fun it is to stumble upon lively and informative niche discussions frozen in time. I think it would be cool to start a thread with links to older audio forums and resources that people have found helpful.

I'd love to see what others have been into or have dug up!

Recently, I came across a great Maths sticky from a 2007 Native Instruments thread which talks about pitch conversions and some soft-synth frequency programming.

I have also been researching DIY Raspberry Pi audio projects and discovered this Lines post about turning a Raspberry Pi into a Monome-norns shield. Seems cool..now if only the price of Pis would drop already :? !
John Stolzle
sound designer & audio lead @ Glazed Games
Tony Porter

Re: Pooling online Audio Resources and discussions frozen in time

Post by Tony Porter »

idk why but I suddenly got fearful of the things I might have been doing and saying 10+ years ago and not to hold me accountable for them now. We were such tools! But dig away, Dig away.
Tony Porter
Audio Developer, Freelancer, Game Audio Slack
usdivad

Re: Pooling online Audio Resources and discussions frozen in time

Post by usdivad »

Every now and then I'll go through some old MUSIC-DSP archives, which is always really fun -- just as an example, these are some of the conversations that were happening 20 years ago this month:
- How do I read the Loop information from a .WAV file?
- XBOX as an audio DSP?
- Crossfading
- Internet jamming
David Su
Audio Programmer @ Brass Lion Entertainment
https://usdivad.com/
@usdivad